Simple and delicious sesame candy recipe. It's a very asian-flavor candy, so be expecting that when you eat/make it : D
from Hot From My Oven
1 cup sesame seeds
3 Tbs. honey
2 Tbs. brown sugar (recipe here)
1/4 tsp. cardamon, ground (2 pods)
1/2 tsp. ginger powder
1. Dry roast the sesame seeds for 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat, until fragrant. Stir every minute or so to turn the seeds over.
2. Combine honey, brown sugar, cardamom, and ginger in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. The syrup should come to a boil.
3. While sauce boils, line a metal baking sheet with parchment paper, and have another sheet of parchment paper the length of the baking sheet torn off and set to the side.
4. Add the sesame seeds to the syrup and combine quickly and well, then dump onto the lined cookie sheet. Place the other sheet of parchment paper on top of the candy pile and roll out into a continuous sheet of sesame-candy to the desired thickness (1/2" to 1/4" is suggested).
5. Cut the sesame batter into 1" squares and they will break apart once completely cool. Alternatively, cut into squares after the candy has cooled completely.