Rosemary Garlic Croutons
1 spring fresh rosemary
3 cloves garlic, pressed
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat the broiler.
2. Slice the baguette into 1" rounds. Brush each side with generous amounts of olive oil, and arrange on a baking sheet.
3. Broil for 2 minutes, flip the pieces, and broil for 2 more.
4. Chop the baguette into cubes, put into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle 2 Tbs. or so of olive oil over, and gently stir with hands until the olive oil is evenly distributed.
5. Add rosemary leaves, garlic, and salt and pepper to croutons, and mix gently with hands until evenly distributed.
6. Spread croutons out evenly over the baking sheet, broil for 2 minutes, put back into mixing bowl, stir with a stirring spoon, and then spread back evenly out on cookie pan and broil again for 2 minutes. Repeat this process until croutons have reached desired hardness.
7. Store at room temperature in an air-tight container, and use within the week.