Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Honey Jalapeño Roasted Acorn Squash

I got so spoiled over the labor day weekend, at my parents huge kitchen, with natural light everywhere, that I made us come outside before dinner to try and snap a shot. Unfortunately, the only good light was rays coming through between the trees and buildings, so my friend had to hold up the plate of food to watch any of the light. She didn't want to be in the picture, but this one is just so great I had to post it (bad blogger Ann!).


But this acorn squash recipe was delicious! And super simple. I've never eaten acorn squash rind before, I've always trimmed it off (though this is not a simple task), but it was fine just like this! I would suggest cooking this in a glass pan for easier cleaning.

Honey Jalapeño Roasted Acorn Squash
from Naturally Yella

Ingredients:
1 acorn squash
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 Tbs. honey
juice of a lime (2 Tbs.)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 jalapeño
2 cloves garlic

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Cut acorn squash in half, scoop out insides, and remove stem. Cut into 4 wedges, and place shell side down in baking pan.
3. Whisk olive oil, honey, lime, and salt together, and brush over acorn squash.
4. Bake squash for 20 minutes. Mince jalapeño and garlic, sprinkle evenly over squash slices, and bake for another 10-20 minutes until squash is tender.

Optional: server over brown rice, garnish with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment