Sunday, September 2, 2012

Goat Cheese and Gruyere Artichoke Toasts


Finally back in business! I've been so busy lately I haven't had a chance to cook or blog (also: I don't have internet at my apartment yet. I didn't realize how much I relied on the internet to inspire me for cooking, so I've not been interested in cooking lately, just eating salads with avocado and delicious salad dressing, but hopefully that will be fixed soon). So, once I get back to school and I get internet, watch out world!

Goat Cheese and Gruyere Artichoke Toasts
adapted from Laura Sweet Spot

Ingredients:
1 baguette
olive oil, for brushing (4 Tbs. or so)
2 oz. goat cheese
2 oz. grated gruyere cheese
3 Tbs. canned artichoke hearts, drained, chopped finely
2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
ground black pepper, to taste
squeeze of lemon juice

Instructions:
1. Pre-heat broiler.
2. Slice baguette diagionally, and brush both sides of each slice with oil and arrange on baking sheet.
3. Place baking sheet in oven, broil for 1 - 2 minutes, turn each piece, and broil for 1 - 2 minutes more.
4. Combine goat cheese, Gruyere, artichokes, parsley, black pepper, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Make the mixture as consistent as possible.
5. Spoon desired amount of cheese mixture onto the toasts (about 2-3 Tbs.), spread evenly on each piece, and broil until cheese is golden and bubbly (2 - 3 minutes).
6. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment