Ah! So my lofty-goal of posting every week seems to have gotten lost in the craziness that was the last month for me. Between a business trip to Philadelphia, hard-to-meet deadline for a project, trip to Chicago (first vacation!) and a 4-day weekend for the 4th, things have been a little bit insane. But: summer has finally kicked in, farmers markets are in full-swing, and I'm motivated and ready to go *determined face*
So with that, I present to you a delicious buttery tart that you will want to make for any gathering. Available in full and individual sizes.
Sticky Walnut Tart
slightly adapted from savorme
1 sweet pastry crust (I used this recipe)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey (or golden syrup)
200 g butter
250 g walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Butter tart pan (or 6 individual tartlette pans) and line with pastry dough.
3. Blind bake crust for 15 minutes.
4. Melt together sugar, vanilla, honey, and butter in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, remove from heat, and stir in walnuts until well coated.
5. Dump walnuts and caramel into the tart pan and spread walnuts and caramel evenly. Bake for 17 minutes or so, until caramel is bubbling and walnuts are starting to darken on the top.
6. Allow to cool slightly or completely and serve.
Optional: sprinkle with sea salt