Friday, August 26, 2011
Super tasty! Even though I forgot to serve with grated Parmesan, still super delicious. Will definitely make again.
Green Onion and Mushroom Pasta
adapted from 20 something cupcakes
1 bunch green onions
1 lb. small mushrooms (I used white button mushrooms)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbs. olive oil, divided
salt and ground pepper to taste
1 lb. pasta (I used angel hair)
finely grated Romano or Parmesan for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 500 F.
2. Bring salted water to boil for the pasta, and once boiling, cook according to package directions.
3. Clean and cut the ends off of the mushrooms. On an oven safe pan with a lip, toss the cleaned mushrooms with 2 Tbs. of the oil with salt and pepper. Once the oven is pre-heated, roast for 10 mins.
4. In the mean time, cut up the green ends of the green onions into 1" segments. Keep the white parts for another recipe.
5. In a blender, combine the remaining 1/2 cup oil, the chopped chives, and generous pinches of salt and pepper. Blend until even consistency.
6. Once the mushrooms are cool, cut into quarters.
7. When pasta is cooked and drained, toss with chive sauce and mushrooms. Serve warm or cold.