So this recipe, I must admit, is not perfect, but it's darn near perfect. I just need to get temperatures/cooking times exactly perfect and then viola! Definitely a great alternative to wheat-based pizza crust, and packed full of great protein.
Zucchini Pizza Crust
from oatmeal with a Fork
2 c. zucchini, finely grated, lightly packed
1 c. almond meal
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 t. oregano
1/4 t. garlic powder
pinch of dried basil
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1. Place grated zucchini in a strainer, sprinkle with salt, and toss to combine. Place over sink and let drain for 30 mins.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Place grated zucchini in dry dish towel, wring over sink to squeeze out water.
3. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spread zucchini mix into oval shape 1/4" thick.
5. Bake for 20 minutes. Take out, add on toppings (I used pesto and mozzarella), then bake at 500 F for 5 minutes.