Monday, June 27, 2011
Super delicious veggie enchiladas, featuring my homemade enchilada sauce! And this is very versatile. You can use whatever veggies/mushrooms/tomatoes you have on hand!
adapted from Annie's Eats
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained
1 T. canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper pepper, seeded and chopped finely
1 zucchini, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce, divided
1 cup crumbled queso fresco
1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
salt and pepper
12-16 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
2. Add oil to a large skillet on medium heat.
3. Add onion and bell peppers to skillet, and cook until soft. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Combine black beans, sautéed vegetables, 1/2 cups of enchilada sauce, queso fresco and cilantro. Stir until well combined and an even texture.
5. Warm tortillas in the microwave until soft and malleable.
6. Place 1/3 cup filling in a tortilla down the middle, roll, and place seam-down in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
7. Once all the the filling is used up, pour the remaining 1 cup of enchilada sauce over the enchiladas and spread evenly. Then sprinkled the cheddar cheese evenly on top.
8. Cover pan with foil, and bake for 10 minutes. Take off the foil and bake for another 5 minutes.