Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Black Bean Burger
Delicious recipe! I made it with friend Connie (who is shown not eating the beautiful food, but playing on the internetz!). I will definitely make this again (and make sure to add in the spices I forgot!)
Black Bean Burgers
adapted from Can You Stay For Dinner
makes 4 patties
4 T. olive oil
1/2 cup finely diced onions
1/2 cup finely diced carrots
1/2 cup finely diced bell peppers
1/2 cup finely diced mushrooms
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 T. ketchup
4 t. ground chili powder
1/2 t. salt
1 1/4 cup black beans
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Note: original also includes 4 t. dijon mustard and 4 t. ground cumin.
1. Pre-heat oven to 450 F, and heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add oil, onion, carrots, bell peppers, and mushrooms to skillet and saute for 4-5 mins.
3. Add garlic, and saute for another minute. Add ketchup, chili pepper, salt to skillet (as well as dijuon mustard and cumin if desired)
4. Remove pan from heat. In a separate bowl, combine beans, bread crumbs, and sauteed vegetables. Foil line a baking sheet.
5. Once cool enough to handle, form into four equal patties, place onto foil lined sheet, and bake for 15 mins.