Friday, February 17, 2012

Roasted Vegetable and Feta Cous Cous

Taken in real sunlight! Something I so rarely see. It came out amazing! Even though I had to put my nice warm bowl of food out onto the cold window ledge, and had to time my picture so as not to get a car in the background. I was inspired to do this because it was late-afternoon and the sun was shining in rays into the kitchen, and my bowl caught the light and I though oh! maybe I should try this 'natural light' people keep talking so much about, instead of keeping my food away from the day-star.



Well, here it is! Roasted Vegetable cous-cous. Definitely worth making, and I think it would be fine using the juice of a whole lemon if you wish.

Roasted Vegetable and Feta Cous Cous
from life tastes like food

Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked cous cous
1 cup cherry tomatoes (if using grape, cut in half before baking)
1 zucchini, chopped to the same size as the tomatoes
1 onion, chopped
olive oil to coat vegetables
1/2 lemon, juiced
2 Tbs. dried basil
1/2 cup feta, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 F (190C).
2. Place all vegetables on baking sheet with a lip, and drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top, the mix to evenly coat.
3. Spread vegetables out evenly on pan, and bake for 1 hour (if you don't have a large enough oven, and there are layers of vegetables, bake for 1:30-2 hours, stirring every 30 mins. 2 hours makes the vegetables really caramelized and delicious)
4. Combine cous cous, salt, pepper, and basil in a bowl. Then add 1 1/4 cups boiling water, and cover bowl for 5 minutes. After, fluff cous cous with a fork, and combine with vegetables, lemon juice, and 1/4 cup of the feta.

No comments:

Post a Comment