Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Super tasty, my whole family loved it. This is a double of the recipe. I also omitted 2 diced onions (because my dad despises onion). If you want to add them (highly recommended), add them at the first step with the zucchini and squash. Also, stir in 1/2 t. onion powder at the last step (with the lemon juice).
adapted from clean green simple
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 large zucchini, seeded and cut into 1/2" by 1.5" strips, roughly
1 small yellow squash, seeded and cut into 1/2" by 1.5" strips, roughly
5 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1/2" by 1.5" strips, roughly
2 t. dried thyme
1 t. salt
1/2 c. white wine
2 c. long grained rice
6 c. vegetarian chicken broth
1 T. lemon juice
1. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, zucchini, and squash. Cook until squashes are soft, but still firm.
2. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, and wine. Mix until mushrooms are softened.
3. Add rice, and stir, until rice starts to stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Add broth 3/4 cup at a time, stirring well, and letting the rice soak up the broth before adding more (about 5 mins). Stir frequently.
5. Once all broth is added, stir in lemon juice and serve.