Tuesday, July 5, 2011
My mom and I went blueberry picking at a local blueberry farm. We got about 6 lbs of blueberries, and a blueberry pamphlet by the lady that runs the farm to boot. Thus, I made the first recipe in the pamphlet. It turned out well.
from Berries & More (local blueberry picking place)
2/3 c. shortening
1 1/3 c. sugar
1 - 20 oz. can diced pineapple, drained, and pulsed in the processor to become crushed pineapple
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 t. lemon juice
3 c. flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
2 c. fresh blueberries
1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. flaked coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, beat shortening with an electric mixer until creamy. Then, gradually add sugar and beat well.
3. Add pineapple, eggs, milk, and lemon juice, beat well.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Then add to shortening mixture, beating until blended.
5. Stir in blueberries, pecans, and coconut.
6. Spoon batter into greased cupcake tins, filling almost all the way full.
7. Bake in oven for about 17 mins, or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
8. Let cool completely on a wire rack before storing.