My brother came up for the weekend, and I asked him if he wanted pizza. He said yes, and we went to the local pizzaria. While there, he wanted a slice of dessert pizza. $2.50 a slice! Outraged and unwilling to pay such fees, I told him, I will make you a dessert pizza. And here it is. : D
Turned out deliciously. Took the leftovers to a party the evening I made it and it got good reviews.
Apple Dessert Pizza
2 9-inch pie crusts, uncooked
6 or so apples
1 cup sugar, divided
3/4 cup flour
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Roll out pie pastry into a circle to fit on a pie pan.
3. Core apples, and cut into thin slices (1/4" thick or so). Layer on top of pastry.
4. Combine half sugar with the cinnamon and nutmeg, and pour evenly over apples.
5. Combine flour, remaining sugar, and butter. Mix together until a nice grainy paste is formed.
6. Layer as evenly as possible on top of the apples.
7. Bake for 40 minutes making sure not to burn the dough on top.