I have this thing, where if it's harder to find a vegetarian version of (such as the classic chicken and rice casserole), then I like it more. Alas! Well, here I've created a vegetarian version of the classic, that uses only the most basic of basic ingredients, and is absolutely delicious!
Chick'n and Rice Casserole
1 T. butter
1/2 white onion
2 cloves garlic
1 medium brown potato
2 cups milk
1/2 cup dill dip (or sour cream + 1 t. dill)
1 cup uncooked rice
2 chick'n patties
1/2 cup shredded cheese (sharp cheddar)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
2. Heat a skillet on medium heat, and add butter. While skillet is heating, mince garlic, dice onion, and shred potato. Add to skillet. Let saute for about 10 minutes, until everything is soft and fragrant.
3. Whisk egg, milk, dill dip (or sour cream), salt and pepper, and rice together.
4. Microwave heat chick'n patties according to box directions. Then, dice or cut into strips according to preference.
5. Add sauted onion mixture to egg mixture. Add the chick'n patties. Mix evenly, and then pour into a small casserole dish. Sprinkle all cheese on top, and put on lid. Place in oven.
6. Cook with lid for 30 minutes, then remove lid and cook for another 20 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool, and enjoy!