Monday, September 27, 2010

Autumn vegetable melody


Today was a nice, cold, autumn day. Thus, I was inspired to make a blend of my local seasonal produce! I bought a HUGE squash at the Columbia, MO farmers market, and still have some of the hand-picked apples my friend gave me. So, those went perfectly with my onions and potatoes I need to use up.





Autumn vegetable melody


Ingredients:
2 medium white potatoes
1/4 white onion
2 small red cooking apples
1 1/2 cup diced butternut squash
2 T. butter
1/2 t. salt
2 T. medium-packed chopped parsley

Instructions:
1. Core and dice apple, onion, and potatoes, leaving the skin on both potatoes and apples.
2. Heat skillet to medium-low heat, and add butter. While waiting for pan to heat, chop parsley.
3. Add potatoes, onion, apples, and squash to pan, sprinkle salt on top. Cook and caramelize for 35 minutes or so, stirring every 5.
4. Take off heat, add parsley, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment