Very delicious! And it's a fun interactive dinner. Sorry these pictures are so blurry. Goes perfectly with a side salad.
1 regular package of Raclette cheese
4 large potatoes
3 small onions, thinly sliced
2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 Tbs. butter
small spicy pickles
2 large tomatoes, diced
salt and pepper to taste
veggie faux pork bacon chunks (optional)
1. Scrub potatoes, and put in a pot of cold water so that potatoes are completely covered. Put pan on high heat and bring to a boil, then turn down medium-high heat and keep at a rapid boil until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, heat a skillet on medium-high heat, melt the butter, then add the mushrooms and onions. Sprinkle a little salt onto the mixture, and sautee until mushrooms and onions are caramelized. Put aside in a bowl to serve on the table with the raclette. Same with the diced tomatoes and the pickles, put into bowls and serve at the meal.
3. Sautee the faux meat, if using, until caramelized on some sides. Add butter if needed for the faux meat you're using.
4. Turn on raclette machine to 3/4ths the maximum temperature (probably depends on the raclette machine).
5. Lay out the raclette cheese on a plate in an overlapping pattern (traditional), and put the potatoes and (optional) faux pork chunks on top of the raclette machine to keep warm.
6. While at the dinner table, put a piece of raclette cheese in the machine, take a potato onto your plate and cut in half, put as desired on top diced tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms, and salt and pepper if desired. When the raclette cheese starts to bubble and brown, take out, and scrape onto your potato using the (wooden) scraper that comes with the set.