Serious deliciousness. Just make sure your potato slices are really thin.
adapted from taste food blog
3/4 lbs yellow potatoes
4 oz. melty cheese
1 cup creme fraiche (or sour cream)
1 clove garlic (crushed with garlic press)
salt and pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F (175 C)
2. THINLY slice the potatoes (using mandolin preferably).
3. Combine garlic, creme fraiche, and salt and pepper in a bowl.
4. Butter 4 ramekins with the butter. Then layer potato, creme fraiche mix, and cheese (occasionally adding more salt and pepper in the layers) until all ingredients are used up, ending with a cheese layer.
5. Bake uncovered for 1 hour (if cheese starts to burn, cover with foil).