Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chili Relleno Casserole


50 posts! I'm so proud of myself : )


This recipe was inspired by a very interesting night where my women in CS club was hanging out, and we were kindly fed chilli relleno casserole by the host. I knew after that I had to make it myself.


Chili Relleno Casserole

Ingredients:
2 8-oz shredded white cheese (I used one bag kraft montery jack, 1 bag Kraft mexican white mix)
3 4 oz. cans whole green chilis
5 eggs
3 1/5 cups milk
1/2 cup flour

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Open and drain the cans of chilis
3. Cut chilis in half length-wise, and layer into the bottom of an 8x13 cake pan.
4. Layer both bags of cheese over the chili layer.
5. In a large bowl, combine eggs, flour, and milk and beat with a mixer until well combined.
6. Pour the milk mixture over the cheese layer in the pan.
7. Bake for 50 mins, then serve immediately before the custard layer deflates. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment