Cut down to fit a 1 lb. macaroni bag. Raymond decided he wanted to make ALL THE MAC AND CHEESE. So we made all 4 of the Jamie Oliver mac and cheese variations. He believes that they need more cheese, as Jamie Oliver is "a health nut" according to him so I may come back around and tweak these recipes. But overall delicious and great as a side.
I think to make this into an entree, all you'd have to do is bake some chicken with herbs, oil, and salt to cut up into this. I'd say 250 g. of cooked chicken would be plenty.
Green mac ‘n’ cheese with spinach & broccoli
adapted from Jamie Oliver
2 Tbs. butter
3 Tbs. flour
6 cloves garlic, peeled and finely sliced
4 fresh bay leaves
3 cups milk
1 lb. macaroni
125g Cheddar cheese, freshly grated
75 g Parmesan cheese + more for sprinkling, freshly grated
1 head broccoli
2 splashes Worcestershire sauce, optional
1 grating nutmeg, optional
a few sprigs fresh basil
1. Melt butter in oven-proof sauce pan on low, add flour, turn to medium and stir until roux is formed.
2. Add sliced garlic and cook until golden and garlic is sticky, stirring constantly.
3. Add bay leaves and slowly whisk in milk.
4. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and leave simmering.
5. While bringing to a boil, chop up and steam broccoli for 8 minutes until fork-tender.
6. Once sauce is ready, add broccoli and spinach to sauce and combine using immersion blender.
7. Add cooked pasta to sauce, stir in cheddar Parmesan, and optional ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Place in oven pan, sprinkle over some more Parmesan over top along with a few springs of basil.
9. Bake for 30 minutes at 425F.