Tuesday, September 29, 2015

German Tomato Salts (TomatenSalz)

I was introduced to the deliciousness that is tomato salts by my Canadian boyfriend, who hosted German couch surfers and left some as a gift. They are absolutely delicious! But completely unavailable in the US. I scoured and found some places in Germany to order them, but alas they do not ship to the US. Thankfully, it seems that German labeling laws are stricter, and I found an explicit recipe on one of the brands of German tomato salts! 


 I made a batch to bring down to one of my bestie's weddings. It's a potluck, but I'll be doing some traveling before and don't have a good way to bring down something more intricately crafted. So, I'll pick up some local tomatoes day-of, along with some pumpernickel and liverworst pate and make small hand sandwiches garnished with the salt.

Note: I am still tweaking this recipe, but will update each discovery/trial.

TomatenSalz

Ingredients:
4 Tbs salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1.5 tsp thyme
2 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary (optional)

Instructions:
1. Combine all ingredients. Server sprinkled generously over fresh tomato slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment