Carrot Cranberry Muffins
from Princess in the Kitchen
makes 12 muffins
1.25 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
3 Tbs vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
4 medium carrots, shredded
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or chopped walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 400F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt. Stir in oats, cranberries, and coconut.
3. In a separate bowl, combine rest of the ingredients (oil, egg, milk, carrots, banana, and pepitas).
4. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture and add wet mixture. Stir until just combined.
5. Coat muffin tin with oil, and place 1/4 cup batter into each well. Top with additional pepitas for garnish if you wish.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.