Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Carrot Cream Pasta


This is a delicious pasta dish, using pretty standard pantry ingredients. I generally don't go out of my way to buy heavy cream, but recipe just looked so good when I found it, I went ahead and made a store run. I was not disappointed!




Carrot Cream Pasta

Adapted from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice

Ingredients:
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/6 cup Irish cheese (or Parmesan), grated
1/2 lb. shaped pasta
1/2 lb. carrots
1 T. olive oil
1 t. Thyme
dash salt and pepper
1 large clove garlic (2 medium cloves)

3/4 cup pasta water, reserved

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Slice carrots into equal sizes. Mince garlic. Combine carrots, garlic, oil, salt and pepper onto roasting pan. Toss until carrots are evenly coated. Cook in oven for 45 mins.
2. Set pot of water to boil. Once carrots are done, start to cook pasta to package instructions. While pasta is cooking, blend heavy cream, cheese, and carrots together.
3. When pasta is done, drain pasta, reserving 3/4 cups pasta water. Slowly add water to carrot blend, until desired consistency (I prefer thick). Add pasta and carrot-cream mixture back into pot, stir, and serve with additional cheese on top.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for trying my pasta Ann! It is one of my favorites! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete